What is a cookie?
A cookie is a harmless text file that is stored in your browser when you visit almost any web page. The usefulness of the cookie is that the website is able to remember your visit when you return to browse that page.
What is NOT a cookie?
It is not a virus, or a Trojan, or a worm, or spam, or spyware, or open windows pop-up.
What information does a cookie store?
Cookies usually do not store sensitive information about you, such as credit cards or bank details, photographs, your ID or personal information, etc. The data they keep are of a technical nature, personal preferences, personalization of contents, etc.
The web server does not associate you as a person, but your web browser. In fact, if you regularly browse Internet Explorer and try to navigate through the same website with Firefox or Chrome you will see that the web does not realize that you are the same person because it is really associating the browser, not the person.
What kind of cookies can we find?
- Technical cookies: These are the most basic and allow, among other things, to know when a human or an automated application is browsing, when an anonymous and registered user navigates, which are basic tasks for the operation of any dynamic web.
- Analysis cookies: They collect information about the type of navigation you are doing, the sections you use most, products consulted, time zone of use, language, etc.
- Advertising cookies: Display advertising based on your browsing, country of origin, language, etc.
What are our own and third party cookies?
Our own cookies are those generated by the page you are visiting and those of third parties are those generated by external services or providers such as Facebook, Twitter, Google, etc.
Can we eliminate cookies?
Yes. Not only delete, but also block, in a general or particular way for a specific domain.
To remove cookies from a website you must go to your browser’s configuration and there you can search the associated to the domain in question and proceed to its removal.
Types of cookies on this website.
To use this Website it is necessary to install cookies. Otherwise, we can not provide many of the services we show. The user may not accept them or configure their browser to block them and, if necessary, eliminate them.
- Technical cookies: They are those that allow the user to navigate through a web page, platform or application and the use of different options or services that exist in it, such as controlling traffic and data communication, identifying the session, access restricted access parts, remember the elements that make up an order, perform the purchase process of an order, make the request for registration or participation in an event, use security elements during navigation, store contents for dissemination of videos or sound or share content through social networks.
- Personalization cookies: These are those that allow the user to access the service with some predefined general characteristics based on a series of criteria in the user’s terminal, such as language, the type of browser through which the user accesses the service, the regional configuration from where you access the service, etc.
- Analytical Cookies: Those that are well treated by us or by third parties, allow us to quantify the number of users and thus perform the measurement and statistical analysis of the use made by users of the service offered. To do this, we analyze your browsing on our website in order to improve the offer of products or services we offer you.
- Advertising cookies: These are those that, well treated by us or by third parties, allow us to manage in the most efficient way possible the offer of the advertising spaces that are on the website, adapting the content of the advertisement to the content of the requested service or to the use that you make of our web page. For this we can analyze your browsing habits on the Internet and we can show you advertisements related to your browsing profile.
- Behavioral advertising cookies: These are those that allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces that, if applicable, the editor has included in a web page, application or platform from which the requested service is provided. These cookies store information on the behavior of users obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows the development of a specific profile to display advertising based on it.
- Third-Party Cookies The CMC Website may use third-party services that, on behalf of CMC, collect information for statistical purposes, use of the Site by the user and for the provision of other services related to Website activity and other services. from Internet.
- Strictly necessary cookies: We install the following cookies necessary for your navigation through the website:
(*) period since its activation and / or update on the web
How can I disable or delete these cookies?
The user may – at any time – choose what cookies he wants to work on this website through: the browser settings; for example:
Safari for OSX
Safari for iOS
If you wish not to be tracked by cookies, Google has developed a plug-in to install in your browser that you can access at the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
What happens if cookies are disabled?
Some functionalities of the Services offered by the website will be disabled.